Monday, May 21, 2007

Trojones Rant On The Florida Fans

You should have to live down here with all these ignorant in-bred fans. Most Gator fans never attend a home game, much less a road game (which I consider to be a true test of any credible "fan") and I doubt many could even find their way to Gainesville. I've asked many "I'm the biggest Gator fan in the world" fans, "Do you go to the games?" and get numerous excuses. My local newspaper, The Times-Union here in Jacksonville, gives the most biased reporting I've ever seen from a "legitimate" news source. It's more like a campus paper. Even with Florida State, Miami and a huge Georgia following in town, UF gets coverage like it's bankrolling the entire publication. Hell, I won't use it to wrap fish!!And I actually liked the Gators before I moved here. I really have nothing against the university and its athletic programs. It's the majority of the fan base that give them the bad name. They're just uninformed and unintelligent about college sports outside of Gainesville. And how can I leave out arrogant? It's a classic example of bandwagoneers. They've had a very good hoops team for the last 5 years or so and a good football team for the last 15. Had they won anything prior to that? Anything?

No comments: